Rabbits stay out! Meet Toby too!

Yeah for the sun! Yesterday it continued to hail, snow, thunderstorm, with bright sun out in between. It was cold though, so didn't get outside at all. The sun was out today, but still a bit cold. I had to run a lot of errands, and finally got outside after the kids got home from school. Got another carrot seed tape put in, and finished installing my rabbit guard fence at the back of the garden area.

Last year, the rabbits ate everything down to the ground. I was so sad. This year, we added a rabbit guard fence along the back. Behind is 5+ acres of blackberry brambles, and I just know Peter Rabbit is nearby! However, we also reinforced the rabbit fence with small chicken wire. I've folded it where the rabbit fence meets the ground, and have about 18" vertical, and 18" horizontal, laying on the ground on the far side of the rabbit fence. I've also done the same to the picket fence on one side. Our big dogs are on the other side, so hopefully they will keep them out of there.

Along with all that, I have a new puppy. Yes, that means we have three dogs. Well the big dogs, one golden retriever and one yellow lab, are really my husbands. I wanted my own little one! Call me crazy! Anyway, hopefully he will be my gardening buddy one day, and learn to stop tearing up the garden. I've been training him to poop along the rabbit fence too, so I don't think there is much more I can do to keep them out at this point. The good thing is, I haven't seen one around for months. So hopefully they are gone! My new puppy is a Puggle, half Pug and half Beagle. His name is Toby and he is so darn cute if I do say so myself!


0 comments: