April 17 2008

Today I got in my turnips, beets and rutabagas using the seed tape method. I also got some onion sets in, two packages. I'm assuming it's best to stagger putting more onion sets out, so I will not have to harvest them all at once. Dick Raymond's book isn't too clear on that, just says to start them as early as possible. Wish I could of gotten them in sooner, but the front garden they are going in has just been put in. Also started digging a potato trench, but had to call it quits as the kids have a ton of activities tonight.

Yesterday got my sweet peas in and my morning glories. Hope to get in my parsnip tapes tomorrow and finish the potato trench. They are saying it's supposed to get cold and rainy starting tomorrow, with chance of wet snow in the showers all weekend. :-(

0 comments: