Happy Easter!

I hope you all had a wonderful Easter! We had a quiet day at home. We cooked a big ham dinner last night for some friends, and the family has been munching on ham leftovers all day. The girls woke early to see what the Easter Bunny had brought and have been eating more sugar than they should be. It's our last day of Spring Break with everyone home, and we are basically having a veg day, with lots of heavy rain outside.

We didn't quite finish the new coop yet which was the plan. The weather wasn't cooperating. Hoping to finish it next weekend as it is very very close to being done. Just have to finish the run and put in the pop door for the birds.

I did manage to get some seeds planted today and now have them under my new grow lights on heated seed mats. I planted 3 types of cukes, 2 types of zucchini, 3 types of winter squash, red and green cabbage, broccoli, watermelon and cantaloupe. I'm very excited about the last two as I have never planted them before. Our growing season here is rather cool and short, but I found a short season variety of each so I'm giving them a go. Whatever I can do to grow more fruit is a good thing as my kids go through it so fast!

I'll be watching the mail this week as I got my shipping notice from Gurneys.com that my potato starts, onion sets and my strawberries are on their way. I couldn't resist these Whopper Strawberries!

0 comments: