Rain Rain go away!

It's been chilly and wet this week, and it's supposed to stick around over Memorial Day weekend. Needless to say, we haven't gotten much done outside this week. My husband did dig another potato row/trench for me. The first row I planted quite few weeks ago is due for it's final hilling. Hoping to get him to do one more row for me for a total of 3 rows of potatoes. I also got in my misc "leftover" 6 packs planted out front. They filled up one row with cauliflower, broccoli and both red and green cabbage.

Because of the chilly weather, I'm glad I haven't put out my tomatoes, peppers, squashes and cucumbers yet. I pulled them all up close to the house earlier this week, and they seem to be doing ok. We've had a few nights this week in the low 40s, so I've been a bit nervous. I'm hoping next week it finally warms up enough to get them all planted.

We also picked up a bunch of bamboo poles to build a support for the scarlet runner beans. Hoping to get that built this weekend along with a cucumber support structure. If I can get my husband to help me build those, and till the remainder of the garden in (again!) this weekend, I'll be happy. I'm really hoping to get the remaining items in next week.

Oh! And we've harvested our first radishes this week and lettuces. Anyone know what to do with radishes? We are not big radish fans, but we have a TON of them coming in! I'd appreciate any ideas! Have a great holiday weekend!

0 comments: